SSC CHSL 2016:-
|SSC CHSL Exam 2016||SSC CHSL Application Form 2016||SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2016|
|SSC CHSL Admit Card 2016||SSC CHSL Answer Key 2016||SSC CHSL Cut Off 2016|
|SSC CHSL Result 2016|
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts one of the largest exams of the country which is the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Examination. SSC conducts CHSL exam for the recruitment of Data Entry Operator (DEO), Lower Division Clerk (LDC) and Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant posts. SSC CHSL registration process will be start by (date will be notified soon). Read the complete article to know more details about SSC CHSL 2016 exam.
SSC CHSL 2016 Exam: Important Dates (Tentative)
|1||Release of Application form||(date will be notified soon)|
|2||Last date of Offline Application Form||(date will be notified soon)|
|3||Last date of Online Application Form||(date will be notified soon)|
|4||Issue of E-Admit Card||November 2016|
|5||Date of Examination||November 2016|
|6||Declaration of Exam Result||January 2017|
|7||Skill Test/Typing Test||March 2017|
|8||Declaration of Final Result||May 2017|
SSC CHSL 2016 Recruitment Exam: Details
- Name of the Exam – SSC CHSL 2016
- Full Form of SSC CHSL – Staff Selection Commission / Combined Higher Secondary Level or CHSL (10+2) Exam
- Exam Conducting Body – Staff Selection Commission
- Exam Level – All India
- Posts Offered – Data Entry Operator (DEO), Lower Division Clerk (LDC) & Postal/Sorting Assistant
- Total Number of Vacancy – 6,590
- Exam Mode – Online
SSC CHSL Salary 2016
|Post||Grade Pay||Gross Salary||In Hand Salary|
|LDC||1900||Rs. 22,392 – 26,026||Rs. 18,777 – 22,411|
|DEO||2400||Rs. 29,340 – 35,220||Rs. 25,165 – 31,045|
|Postal Assistant||2400||Rs. 29,340 – 35,220||Rs. 25,165 – 31,045|
SSC CHSL 2016 Post wise Vacancy
- Data Entry Operator – 1,010
- Lower Division Clerk – 2,053
- Postal/Sorting Assistant – 3,527
SSC CHSL 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- Educational Qualification – Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- Age Limit – Minimum age is 18 years and maximum age is 27 years as on 1 August 2016. Age relaxation provided to certain categories as per the government rules.
SSC CHSL 2016 Application Form
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for SSC CHSL 2016 Exam. Application form will be available for online mode & offline mode. Online application form will be available at SSC official website (ssc.online.nic.in) and those candidates, who want to submit the offline application form, can download and take a print out of application form and fill it.
Application Fee / Mode of Payment (Online and Offline)
- Offline Application – Candidates have to pay a fee of Rs. 100 as application fee through CRF stamps which can be bought from the post office. Fee is exempted for all female candidates and reservation category as per the rule of Government of India.
- Online Application – Candidates have to pay fee of Rs. 100, candidates can pay application fee through challan at any SBI branch, net banking and any credit/debit cards. (SC/ ST/ Female / PH category aspirants no need to pay any fee).
SSC CHSL 2016 Selection Procedure
Selection process includes two steps:
- 1st Step: Written Examination (Objective Type) (200 Marks)
- 2nd Step: Skill Test (candidates who qualify the written examination will be called for typing test)
In Case of Tie
In case where more than one candidate score equal aggregates marks, a tie breaker will be applied:
- Marks score in written examination.
- According to the date of birth, who is senior in the age.
- Alphabetical order in which first names of the candidates appear.
SSC CHSL 2016 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Candidates who are going to appear in CHSL exam should know the exam pattern such as marking scheme, type of questions, and exam duration, syllabus. Reading this article will help candidates to prepare a strategy:
- There will be 4 sections in a question paper namely (1) General Intelligence, (2) English Language, (3) Quantitative Aptitude, and (4) General Awareness / General Knowledge.
- Exam will have 200 questions for 200 marks.
- Duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- The question paper will be objective type.
- Questions will be set both in English & Hindi for sections – 1, 3 & 4.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2016
|1||General Intelligence (Basic Knowledge)||50||50|
|2||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||50||50|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||50||50|
|4||General Awareness (Current Affairs)||50||50|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2016: Skill Test / Typing Test
Skill test/ typing test round will be conducted for the candidates who qualify the written exam. There will be separate test for the post of LDC and DEO in the form of Skill Test and Typing Test. Details about Skill test/ typing test are given below:
1. Skill Test for Data Entry Operator(DEO)
- Test will be about “Typing”.
- Candidate must maintain a data entry speed of 8,000 words per hour on the computer.
- Speed of 8,000 key entries per hour on the computer will be judged on the basis of correct entry of words/value.
2. Typing Test for LDC and Postal Assistant
- This test will be conducted in English and Hindi.
- The speed will be judged on the accuracy of typing on the computer.
- Candidates, who choose English medium for test, must have a typing speed about 35 words per minute.
- Candidates, who choose Hindi medium for test, must have typing speed about 30 words per minute.
SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus 2016: Written Examination
Section -1: General Intelligence
It would be include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type:
- Symbolic/Number Classification
- Figural Analogy
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic operations
- Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding
- Symbolic/Number Analogy
- Drawing inferences
- Number Series
- Semantic Trends
- Figural Series Space Orientation, Semantic classification
- Emotional Intelligence
- Critical Thinking
- Figural Classification
- Venn Diagrams
- Word Building
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion
- Embedded figures
- Problem Solving
- Social Intelligence
- Coding and de-coding
- Other numerical operations
Section – 2: English Language
- Comprehension Passage
- Spellings/ Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Fill in the Blanks
- Spot the Error
- Synonyms/Homonyms Idioms & Phrases
- One word substitution
- Improvement of Sentences
- Active/Passive Voice of Verbs
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Cloze Passage
Section – 3: Quantitative Aptitude
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship.
- Graphs of Linear Equations between numbers.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems).
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar- diagram, Pie-chart.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities.
Section –4: General Awareness
- Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness about the environment around and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events.
- The test will also include questions related to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic, General Policy and scientific research.
SSC CHSL 2016 Admit Card
CHSL admits card will be hosted on regional websites of SSC. Candidates can download their CHSL exam admit card form respective regional SSC’s website or candidates can also download admit card from this website (CareerMantri.Com). Candidates will not be allowed to enter in the examination hall without the admit card.
SSC CHSL 2016 Answer Key
Answer key is the collection of all the answers asked in the exam. CHSL answer key will be published after the exam on the official website of SSC for all the sets of the question paper and candidates can use them accordingly. Answer Key of CHSL exam will be published after each shift (Morning and Evening).
SSC CHSL 2016 Cut Off
Cut off is minimum marks that are compulsory to score to get selected for further recruitment process. Cut off marks for general candidates usually higher than the reserve category’s candidates.
SSC CHSL 2016 Result
SSC will upload CHSL exam result on its official website, result will be in the “PDF” format in that PDF file candidates need to search their name and roll number. CHSL exam result will be published in the month of January 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be called for skill test round. After skill test, final result will be published in the month of May 2017. After final result, candidates will be appointed for the posts.